VIC_GLASS CURTAIN WALL NOTES
1. Do not drop, roll or drag boxes of aluminum framing. Move and stack boxes with proper support to prevent distortion. If fork lifts are used, be especially careful about striking the boxes when lifting or moving.
2. Store in a dry, out of the way area. If rain exposure, condensation or any water contact is likely, then all packaging material should be removed. Wet packaging materials will discolor and may stain aluminum finishes and paints.
3. All materials should be checked for quantity and quality upon receipt. Aluflam must be contacted immediately of any discrepancies in shipment. Check to make sure that you have the required supplies and tools necessary for the installation.
4. Carefully check the openings and surrounding construction that will receive your material. Remember, if the construction is not per the construction documents, it is your responsibility to notify the general contractor in writing. Any discrepancies must be brought to the general contractor’s attention before you proceed with the installation.
5. Collect your shop drawings, materials, packing list, and this installation manual. Carefully review parts location, the sequence of installation, when you glaze it, and how you seal it. Installation instructions are of a general nature and may not address every condition you will encounter. The shop drawings were prepared specifically for the project.
6. Any material substitutions must be of equal or greater quality. Consult experienced experts prior to substituting any material to ensure that the products’ fire ratings are not violated.
7. Remember to isolate, in an approved manner, all aluminum from uncured masonry or other incompatible materials.
8. System-to-structure fasteners are not supplied by experts. Fasteners called out on shop drawings are to indicate minimum sizes.
9. If any questions arise concerning glass curtain wall or their installation, contact experts for clarification before proceeding.
10. Product installation is frequently completed before drywall, flooring and other products. Take the extra time to wrap and protect the installed material.
11. Cutting tolerances are ± 1/32”, unless otherwise specified.
12. Concrete, mortar, plaster, muriatic acid and other alkaline and acid based construction and cleaning materials may be very harmful to frame finishes and should be removed with water and mild soap immediately or permanent damage or staining of the finishes may occur. A spot test is recommended before any cleaning agent is used, and abrasive type cleaners must never be used.